Tuesday 18 October 2016

Tuesday, October 18, 2016


“I “I know that is what I said, but it is not what I meant . . . "

HaHave you ever said that to anyone? Or anyone said this statement to you?
CaCan you think of reasons why this misunderstanding happens in general?
BriBriefly share your story and reflect on the reason why this has happened to you or with
you. Then, add a headline to your story.

A White Lie
After I moved in Toronto, every weekend I need to talk with my parent on line. We share our life with each other and give some ideas to make our life smoothly. One day, my mom asked me if we had a plan to buy a house. I told her we wouldn't buy it because we are all the lazy people. Nobody likes to do the works such as to maintain the house, fix the roof, loan the grass...My mom looked at me and teased. " I know that is what I said, but it is not what I mean..." I didn't want to tell my mom the house's price in Toronto is ridiculous nowadays. " You don't know...nobody help me, I need to do everything by myself. If we have a house, I would die..." My mom interrupted me, " I know you don't like using our money. The matter is not what you say, it's how you say it." 


Needs Assessment





HoHow long have you been attending LINC 5/6? I have been attending LINC 5/6 for 8 months. Before joining the class listening was my biggest concern. I believe my listening skill improve a lot because I can understand what Hala said in the class. However not enough high to understand the news on BBC. I feel good after attending this class for 8 months. The biggest requisition is the time I use to finish my assignment is shorter than before and I can open my mouth to try to explain my ideas. After work on my listening skill and speaking skill, I'd like to work on my writing skill. First of all, understand what the people say. Second, speak fluently and accurately. Third, can write the message or the memo. 

I

WWhat was your biggest concern(s) before joining the class? Before joining the class listening was my biggest concern. 

WWas/were this/these concern(s) resolved? Why or why not? I believe my listening skill improve a lot because I can understand what Hala said in the class. However not enough high to understand the news on BBC.

HoHow do you feel after attending this class for x amount to time? What has changed in
you? What do you feel more comfortable with? I feel good after attending this class for 8 months. The biggest requisition is the time I use to finish my assignment is shorter than before and I can open my mouth to try to explain my ideas.

Is Is there any concern(s) that you still want to work on? What is/are it/they? Yes, there are. After work on my listening skill and speaking skill, I'd like to work on my writing skill.


LisList 10 topics that you would like to learn about in order of their importance from the most to least important. First of all, understand what the people say. Second, speak fluently and accurately. Third, can write the message or the memo. 

























1 comment: