Thursday 25 February 2016

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Part 1:

We are still working on our Power Statement. Click on this link to help you create your profile.

Task 1:
As discussed in our class, use the ten points accomplishments you have accomplished in your profession life and create your ‘Power Statement’ now. 

May,2012-October, 2014, I used to work in a restaurant. 
  • I developed creative skills while designing window display to attract customers.
  • I developed communication skills while servicing with customers and working with my co-workers.
  • I developed promotional skills while helping customers decide what to order.
  • I developed financial skills while ordering inventory, and balancing the day's receipts.
  • I developed time management skills while working under busy and stressful situation.
  • I developed manual skills while following recipes, mixing ingredients and coking foods.
  • I implemented
  • I reached
  • I improved 
  • I managed 





Task 2: 
Click on this link and create your own profile. Make sure to use your "Power Statement" to impress employers!


Task 3:
After creating a profile, try to connect with at least ten from your classmates together with your instructor today. 

Part 2: 

During our Health and Well-being Session, a lot of new words were mentioned. Here is a table with the majority of the new ones, take your time and follow the tasks below in order to nail this vocabulary down.

Task 1:

Fill in the following table and you can add any more vocabulary that you have caught during the session. The first one was partially done for you.
Word
Word structure
Definition
Sentence
Cope with
Phrasal verb


Walk-in clinic



Procrastinating



Cognitive



Physical



Vigorous intensity



Moderate intensity  



Alternative



Second hand smoking



Quit



Reappraisal



Meditation



Dealt with



Shout out



Resiliency



Competence



Optimism



Bounce back



Recap












Task 2:

Write a quick paragraph to share how you benefited from the session. Use the following questions to guide you in your writing.
  • Did you have stress in your life?
  • Are you able to identify which level your stress is at?
  • What did you do to reduce it?
  • Share some strategies that you have tried and worked with you with your peers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment