Thursday 4 February 2016

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Work Habits

The Ontario Skills Passport (OSP) lists work habits in noun form, e.g. reliability or punctuality. However, when speaking about yourself, you can express these skills or work habits as adjectives.
For example: I am a reliable worker. I am punctual.

You can also describe how you demonstrate the qualities you have by giving examples.
I am punctual. I use my time effectively and produce work on time.

Task 1:      

For each of the nouns, write an adjective that can describe a person.Then put it in sentence of your own

NOUN
ADJECTIVE
SENTENCE
reliability
reliable
I am a reliable person because 
organization
organised
I am an or
confidence
confident
This position need a confident person. 
perseverance
perseverant 
My friend is perseverant 
versatility
versatile
He is a nimble and versatile person.
flexibility
flexible
I am a flexible person, 
independence
independent
I encourage my child to be a independent thinker. 
resourcefulness
resourceful
I should learn to be creative and resourceful.
knowledge
knowledgeable 
He is knowledgeable person whose professional skills are known.
punctuality
punctual 
I am proud of being punctual. 

Task 2:
Write a sentence for each of the OSP work habits you think you have. Use examples from your work and day-to-day experience.
Working Habits
Examples from your experience

Working Safely 
I used to work at a restaurant for 2 years after I came to Canada.  I always made sure to work safely because as a chef helper, you should prevent getting  injured either  oneself and others.

Teamwork
I'd like to work with others and take responsibility for my share of the work. I showed respect for the opinions of other and contribute to the team effort by sharing information.

Reliability
I'm punctual, use time effectively and finish work on time. 

Organization
I can organize work priorities when I faced with a number of tasks.

Working Independently
I can accomplish tasks independently and I'm a faster learner.

Initiative
I learn willingly with others and I'm always with confidence and a positive attitude when I approach new tasks.

Self-advocacy


Customer Service
I'm a good listener and slake clients'needs with my perseverant effort.

Entrepreneurship


1 comment:

  1. Working Safely
    I used to work at the a restaurant for 2 years after I came to Canada. I always kept made sure to work working safely because of as a chef helper, you should prevent getting injured either for oneself injury to myself and others.

    ReplyDelete