Tuesday 19 January 2016

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Task 1:

Look up the meanings of the vocabulary words below.
Aggressive (negative)
adj.  hostile, assertive, pushy, forceful, vigorous, energetic, dynamic...                                 
Annoyed   (negative)
adj. bothered, miffed, upset...                                                    
Collaborative  (positive)
adj. cooperative, collective, combining, joint, shared...                                                     
Customs  customary 
adj. usual, established, accepted, traditional...                                        
Embarrassment embarrassing  
adj. humiliating, shaming, awkward, shameful... 
Equality   equal   (positive)
adj. alike, balanced, comparable, equivalent, proportionate...
Minimize     minimum 
adj. least, lowest, minimal...
Oblivious  (negative)
adj. unaware, ignorant, inattentive, unconcerned...
Promptness   prompt  (positive)
adj. early, responsive, efficient, immediate, punctual, swift, timely... 
Rituals  
n. ceremony, tradition, custom, formality, habit, routine...
Tasks  
n,  job, chore, assignment, duty, project, work...
Valuable (positive)
adj. very important, priceless, costly, expensive, treasured, valued, worthwhile...
Values   (positive)
n. principles, ethics, ideals, morals, standards...

Task 2:

Use at least five of these vocabulary words to write an email to a friend describing to him/her the Canadian culture.



Hi,Anna

Long time no see. How about everything? As you know I went back to school since last year September. You asked me how about the school I am studying now. I should say it was hard at the earlier. I left the school too long and I never used the blog, the Facebook, the gmail, the chirbit... Every was new for me. I couldn't figure out and turn red with embarrassment. Our teacher, Joseph, is a responsible man and gave us tasks every day. I was upset and became little aggressive and annoyed with my families. But I'm so lucky because the people here would never be oblivious your problem."Every morning, I get up.  I feel more Canadian." These sentences came from Joseph. More Canadian, it might have variety and valuable meanings such as freedom, equality and love. In Canada, we're all strangers. The things we can do is to help each other. Nobody can survive without other's support. "Introduce yourself. Ask for help." This is one of the customs in our class. We're familiar little by little. We're collaborative and patient day by day. We focus on motivation and promptness step by step.Today is my first day in the level 5. You know my aim is to minimize the costs when I'm studying. I hope I can pass the exam this year.

Best Regards

Yucho



No comments:

Post a Comment