Wednesday 23 September 2015

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wednesday's Assignment

Some people say it's whom you know and not what you know that gets you the job. Do you agree?


Here are your tasks:

  1. Role play this dialogue with a partner and make a chirbit.
  2. Think of your next career, and browse this site. Then discuss your findings with a partner.
  3. How do you feel about what's going on in some government jobs?
Jimmy: My cousin Sal said that he put in an application for a job here. 

Suzanne: Yeah, that’s right. 

Jimmy: Well? 

Suzanne: Well, what? 

Jimmy: Are you going to hire him? 

Suzanne: I’m not sure. He doesn’t have any experience and he didn’t provide any references

Jimmy: I can vouch for him. Sal is solid. He’s a really nice guy. 

Suzanne: I appreciate you putting in a good word for him, but I need more assurance than that he’s a nice guy. He needs to have the temperamentwork ethic, and skills for this job. 

Jimmy: What he doesn’t know he’ll learn on the job. He’s a quick study

Suzanne: How can I justify hiring someone with no experience, while passing up applicants who are better qualified

Jimmy: He has my ringing endorsement. What else do you need? He’ll work as hard as I do. 

Suzanne: That’s exactly what I’m afraid of. 

http://chirb.it/KmmbAM

No comments:

Post a Comment