Wednesday 16 September 2015

My first presentation


If you expect something to turn out badly, it probably will. Negativism is seldom disappointed.
Weeks ago,I drove into a service station to get some gas.It was a beautiful day and I was feeling great. As I walked into the station to pay for the gas, the attendant said to me ,"How do you feeling?" That seems like an odd question, but I felt fine and told him so. "you don't look well," he replied. This took me completely by surprise. A little less confidently, I told him that I had never felt better. Without hesitation he continued to tell me how bad I looked and that my skin appeared yellow. By the time I left the service station, I was feeling a little uneasy. About a block away, I pulled over to the side of the road to look at my face in the mirror. How did I feel? Was I jaundiced? Was everything all right? By the way I got home I was beginning to feel a little queasy. Did i have a bad liver? Had I picked up some rare disease? I suffered from the fear of illness until the next time I went into that gas station,finally felt better again because I figured out what had happened. The place had recently been painted a bright yellow and the light reflecting off the walls made everyone inside look as they had hepatitis! I wondered how many folks had reacted the way I did. I had let one short conversation with a total stranger change my attitude for an entire week. He told me I looked sick and before long I was actually feeling sick. That single negative observation had a huge effect on the way I felt and acted.
There is enough good and bad in everyone's life, I've lived through more than one crisis. But when all is said and done, I find that the good in life far outweighs the bad. So sorrow or happiness, joy or pain, laugh or cry, bless or curse, look up in the hope or down in despair? It's your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment