Monday 5 October 2015

Monday, October 5, 2015

Monday's Assignment

Can you name 10 famous people from your country of origin?

How about 10 famous people from Canada?
To kick off our week on famous Canadians, here are your tasks:
  1. Take notes on this ESL lesson.
  2. Who are Justin Trudeau and Justin Bieber? See their Wikis. What does Trudeau believe about marijuana (see this video from 1:13)? What’s the news about Bieber (video)?
  3. Then discuss with a partner your likes and dislikes about the Justins you just watched. Be sure to introduce your names before recording the Chirbit.
  4. If you have time left, try the Vote Compass challenge.







What's the hardest job in the world? Maybe there are a lot of different answers by the different people.In my opinion, I think learning English is the hardest job for me. I used to study at the LINC after I was landed here. I knew it would be hard to find the job if you can't communicate with the local people. By the time my friend gave me a job in the Chinese restaurant, I quit the school because I need money to support my family. I thought I can learn English by myself since I lived in Canada. The fact is that I was wrong totally. After four years, I still can't speak anything just look like the newcomer. Struggling with myself some weeks, I decided to go back to LINC. At the school, students are forbidden to speak their original language and our teacher encourages us to give the presentation frequently.  I have been learning here for one month and I hope to improve my English level soon.

1 comment:

  1. What a great start! For your next paragraphs, would you like to share 1 or 2 stories specifically about what happened that really made the difference in your ESL journey?

    ReplyDelete