Thursday 19 November 2015

Thursday, November 19, 2015 (finish)

Thursday's Field Trip

  1. Write a trip report of yesterday’s Job Fair. 
    1. Write down 5 experiences/facts about the job fair, e.g. who you talked to the longest, any pattern you noticed about employers/job hunters.
    2. Update your list with 3 other classmates before drafting.
    3. Check your drafts with 3 other classmates before publishing.
      1. What are the best ways to use your editing checklist?
      2. Did you learn anything while checking for your classmates?
    4. Add pictures/videos to your trip report.
This is my second time attending (to attend) the job fair. It was holden at Global Kingdom Ministries Centre in Scarborough. (Maybe it was so early,) There were not a lot of people there. After practicing lots how to make the interview (at) in the school, we  finally had a chance to communicate with the real companies' representatives ( representation) face to face. The first one (we were talking) I spoke was from JVS Toronto International Credential Assessment Service. He was very kind and explained their services patiently ( presently). Compared with WES, they charge much less and only need 8 weeks of the process. That was really good news. The second one was a lady from Seneca Workforce Skills Center. I told her that I failed the Seneca college's admission test three years ago. She suggested me a free program at Seneca if my ESL level was at 6. I appreciated it (with that) and shared the news with my classmates. The third one(men) was from Pharma-Medical Science College of Canada. He recommended the Ultrasound Technologist Program (ARDMS) to me. I filled the form out and hoped (get) to keep in touch. The fourth person was a lady who was from AGTA Home Health Care. She told me I could have a job right now if I want to fill the application form out. I asked whether (or nor) I need some training or license for the job. She answered me I don't need them(those) if I were a nurse before. I inquired (required) where I would be working (at). She told me at the private homes (house). I hesitated because I (have) never worked (been working at)as the private nurse (house) before. At last, I left, because I can't deal with a patient independently now. The first step is always the hardest. I should be prepared.    
 


No comments:

Post a Comment