Monday 16 November 2015

Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday's Assignment

You have your LINC/ESL e-portfolio here. But what does your career portfolio look like? Tell a
partner what you would put in it and what you wouldn't.
Welcome to this week's theme on employment and job interviews in preparation for this
Thursday's field trip!
I have no idea about the career portfolio. After I graduated from the nurse school, I could choose
 the hospital I'd like to go under my grades. I had been a nurse more than 20 years in China. Now, 
I came to Canada and began a new start. I thought I should familiar the local culture and  
accumulate Canadian experience. All of them I'd like to put in it.  
Here are your tasks:
  • We start with this quick survey to review what you've learnt last week--on the theme of A Child's Education. Please post your answers under Comments below:
    1. This week I learned to use Ctrl-F to find keyword.
    2. I can use this when I would like to search  something in the big document.
    3. I can do it well.  I can do it with help.  I can’t do it yet. 
    4. The learning activity I liked best was the speaking and the writing.
    5. I want to do more exercises about the speaking
                  1. Role play: Your Professional Portfolio
                    1. Practise by yourself, 
                    2. with a partner, and then 
                    3. before your teacher, before 
                    4. recording your chirbit.
                  2. Follow these Resume Wizard instructions. Invite 2 or 3 classmates to provide mutual suggestions.
                  1. Role play
                   http://chirb.it/fKGgLD

                  2. Resume Wizard instructions
                      Microsoft Word-  File- New- New Document- General Template- Other Document
                      Resume Wizard- Style-  Professional- next
                      Which type of resume would you like to create - professional resume - next
                      Education, professional experience, languages-
                      These headings are sometimes included in this type of resume.
                      Select check boxes for headings you want.-Accreditation, Awards received- next
                      Are there any additional headings you would like to add to your resume?
                      Relevant Coursework-add
                      There are your resume headings- Professional Experience- Move Up-remove-language
                      next-finish

                  3. New Word
                  Ta da/ portfolio/ groundbreaking/ fact sheet/ testimonials/ a work in progress/ room for growth

                  No comments:

                  Post a Comment