Wednesday 25 November 2015

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wednesday's Assignment

What should fathers do in the home? Mothers? Kids? Do you believe in clear gender roles?
In my opinion, the father should be an electrician, a plumber, a driver, a carpenter, a security, a mechanic and 
coach in the home. The mother should be a baker, a barber, a caretaker, a cleaner, a cook, a tailor, a nurse, 
a teacher, a comforter and a friend in the home. I don't believe in clear gender roles. Most people say
they can't do something just because they don't want to do by themselves.   
Discuss with a partner what might be a good caption here.
SAY! WHERE IS MY MOTHER?
Here are your tasks:
  1. Role play: Being a Stay-at-Home Dad
  2. Using the vocabulary learned, write 6 sentences describing family roles and responsibilities in your country of origin.
  3. Cross-check with a classmates before publishing.
2. to put it that way/ caretaker/ household chore/ modern sensibility/ change up gender role/ radical lifestyle
When I was a little girl, I saw my parent always quarreled with each other about who should do the household 
chores. They were so busy because they were all the breadwinners. After I married, the situation changed 
since my parents retired and could help us as caretakers. In China, most people can't support their families 
 only with one person's salary. Nowadays, many people like to live a radical lifestyle and choose no child in the 
home. I am not a feminist. But I think that financial independent for the women is very important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment