Friday 6 November 2015

Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday's Assignment

Imagine that you had an unforgettable tenant named Jimmy. How much would you ask Jimmy to leave
as a deposit for renting your apartment. What would you do if Jimmy left a big hole in the kitchen wall 
and damaged your stove, refrigerator, and living room carpet?
Will Jimmy get his deposit back?

Definitely jimmy will not get his deposit back. I will file a lawsuit to protect myself if his deposit do not
cover the charge of repair these damages.

Here are your tasks:
  1. Reading and discussion with a partner: CLEO on Damage and FMTA's FAQ.
    1. Share with your partner one surprising finding from each document.
    2. Write a short email of about 50 words of your own advising a friend on what to do in a tough 
    3. situation as a tenant.
  2. Role play: Getting the Deposit Back
  3. What does the term "tenant  from hell" mean? Skim this article, check out the pictures, and discuss 
  4. with a partner.
1. NEW DIALOGUE
A:  I'm going to move out.
B:  But your lease isn't up yet.
A:  There's no way that I stay here anymore.
B:  That is going to be a problem.
A:  I don't understand.
B:  I have to keep your deposit.
A:  Why?
B:  Because it's stated in our agreement.
A:  But I need it back.
B:  I can't do it.
A:  It would be impossible to stay here.
B:  That's not my fault.

2.
http://chirb.it/sEvP2A
http://chirb.it/L596sD

3. new word

a lease is up(over) yet / break the contract / to fulfill the lease
be stated in / have time on the lease/ keep the deposit
to leave your apartment in good shape / be clean and no damaged / could sue you 
to give you a good reference / a security deposit  last month's rent deposits

No comments:

Post a Comment