Monday 9 November 2015

Monday, November 9, 2015

Monday's Assignment

Welcome back to school! What do you think are some differences between an adult's and
a child's education? Tell a partner your answers, and then tell another partner your first
 partner's answers.

I thought there are some differences between an adult's and a child's education. First, a child's 
education is compulsory education. Second, compulsory education is free. Third, a child study 
for fun, but an adult study for the jobs.


  1. Role play: Staying Home from School
  2. Role play: Coming Home Late
  3. Identify pages in this document on helping your child with bullying, ongoing support for learning, and parent-teacher interviews. Find one more area of help and make a list using the Numbered List button.
1. Bullying--pages 52
2. Ongoing support for learning--pages 41
3. Parent-teacher interviews--page 39
4. Facing Challenges By Learning Together --pages 44

http://chirb.it/b0KB1L

NEW WORD
play hooky/  to put one over on Mom/  you’re faking /  give me such a hard time/  cut class

have a foolproof way of doing sth./  get caught/  forge notes  from Mom to do sth.

get out of class for doctor’s appointment/ I keep my eyes and ears open. I pick things up.

to know that pretending to be sick never works.

to get an excused absence /  to get out of / out of the goodness of my heart 

I’ll owe you one / You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.

I  lost track of time /be worried sick about / be supposed to come straight home 

a fight broke out in the hallway/  came out and broke it up/   go to your room

to want you hanging around with him /   to miss curfew / Just wait until / That’s not fair! 

be grounded for a week /  I won’t have you talking back to me / as strict as 

1 comment: